- Contain at least 95% organic fibre.
- Not be treated with bleach, formaldehyde or any other toxic substances.
- Be coloured with nontoxic dyes.
- Be produced in a mill that enforces strict social and environmental standards, treating their employees and the earth with deep respect. GOTS certification means that our products meet the very highest standards.
The Global Recycled Standard (GRS) is an international, voluntary, full product standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of Recycled Content, chain of custody, social and environmental practices, and chemical restrictions. The goal of the GRS is to increase use of Recycled materials in products and reduce/eliminate the harm caused by its production.
The objectives of the GRS are:
- Alignment of definitions across multiple applications.
- Track and trace Recycled input materials. Global Recycled Standard ©2014 Textile Exchange GlobalRecycled.org 6
- Provide customers (both brands and consumers) with a tool to make informed decisions.
- Reduce harmful impact of production to people and the environment.
- Provide assurance that materials in the final product are actually Recycled and
processed more sustainably.
- Drive innovation in addressing quality issues in the use of Recycled materials
“PETA-Approved Vegan” highlights products made of vegan alternatives to animal-derived materials such as leather, fur, silk, feathers, or bone.
It is a foundation that supports the garment industry workers to realise their right to safe, dignified and properly paid employment.
They focus on garment production, specifically sewing, cutting and trimming processes–the most labour-intensive parts of the supply chain. They work with more than 140-member brands, who are committed to finding a fairer way to make clothes, and they engage directly with factories, trade unions, NGOs and governments to find answers to problems others think are unsolvable.